#58 ✓resolved
Scott

M*A*S*H

Reported by Scott | February 28th, 2009 @ 02:41 AM

I am working on a movie database and searchlogic is awsome. I thought I had finished the search part until M*A*S*H came up. I don't know how to configure the conditions for this case. Currently I have:

@search.conditions.title_keywords = temp1.gsub(/[':]/, ' ')

For the M*A*S*H case I also tried: @search.conditions.title = temp1

Both come up with all movies that have an m, or a, or s, or h.

I also tried "M*A*S*H"

Thanks, Scott

Comments and changes to this ticket

  • Ben Johnson

    Ben Johnson March 6th, 2009 @ 05:36 AM

    • State changed from “new” to “resolved”

    The problem is that the keywords search removes special characters. Try title_contains or title_like, that is a literal search. I plan on enhancing the keywords. Also, I pushed out a change for you. You can do:

    Searchlogic::Condition::Keywords.blacklisted_words Searchlogic::Condition::Keywords.allowed_characters

    you can modify those attributes to suit your needs, do this in an initializer. Hope this helps.

Please Sign in or create a free account to add a new ticket.

With your very own profile, you can contribute to projects, track your activity, watch tickets, receive and update tickets through your email and much more.

New-ticket Create new ticket

Create your profile

Help contribute to this project by taking a few moments to create your personal profile. Create your profile ยป

Provides common named scopes and object based searching.

People watching this ticket

Pages